The legal aspect of Private Security Agency Business is governed by “Private Security Agency Regulation Act, 2005” in short called as ‘PSARA’
All the private Security agencies must obtain license under PSARA 2005 to operate in this business.
With increasing concerns about crime and terrorism Rate, the demand for private security services is increasing steadily among the public to protect themselves against different types of crime.
However parties have to decide upon the model of their business organisation which depends upon various factors like Scale, finance, Liabilities, Control, etc.
Depending upon the suitability of the parties the model can be one of the following:
- a) Sole proprietorship
- b) Partnership Firm
- c) LLP
- d) Pvt. Ltd. Or Public Ltd. Company
While filing the application for PSARA 2005, copies of registration certificate under various other Acts and Several other compliance documents is required to be annexed with the application form.
SOME WORTH NOTING POINTS
- a) Every private security agency must commence its activities within 6 monthsof obtaining license.
- b) Every private security agency shall ensure imparting of such training and skillsto its private security guards and supervisors as may be prescribed.
- c) Every private security agency shall within 60 daysfrom the date of issue of the license, employ such number of supervisors, as may be prescribed.
That means registration under PSARA calls for many other prior registrations and compliances.
Requirements for Registration
- Registration under Shops & Establishment Act
- Proof of Identity and Address ( Pan Card / Aadhar Card / Electiricity Bill)
- Certificate of Security Training from a recognized body like SKSDC, DGR, etc or a discharge certificate from Army/Air force/Navy/Parliamentary Police of either of the applicant.
- Proof of ownership of principal place of business as mentioned in the application form (should be a commercial location)
- Proof of Educational Qualification Certificates
- Applicant must have experience in Security related fields (min 1 to 2 years) & have certificates.
- ITR – Last 3 years
- Preparation of LOGO of the Security Agency (the logo must clearly show the Name of the Applicant Agency
- Preparation of Identity Card for the employees of the AA (must conform with the prescribed format
- Tie ups with the institutes recognized by the Controlling Authority to impart training to the Supervisors and Security guards of the AA.
- Details of all the employees of the AA prepared in the prescribed format.
- Details of Arm Licenses already in possession of the proprietor/ partners/Director/trustees/employees.
- Character verification of the employee certifying that no criminal record
- Training Certificate of all the Security Guards and Supervisors confirming that they have undergone the prescribed training from a recognized training institute
- Pattern of uniform including cap & badges for the staff of the AA (pattern must be different from those used by defence, paramilitary or police personnel) — 4 postcard size photographs showing all 4 sides of the uniform to be submitted
- The Application is to be filled in Form – V along with a License Fee and Submitted to Controlling Authority of the region.
- The License fee is to be submitted by Online Payment.
- Fee Details:
Fee for 1 District – INR 5,000/-
Fee for 2 to 5 Districts – INR 10,000/-
Fee for the entire state – INR 25,000/-